How to Add Outlook.com Calendar to Outlook Desktop AppTechnology
I recently moved jobs. (Yayy!!!) And with the job change have come many changes to processes, devices, deadlines etc.
Today, I want to talk about one of the technical challenges I had faced and couldn’t find a straight forward solution for it online. In the end, I was able to figure out how to get the job done but it took quite some time, so, I’m going to put it down here for my technology community.
Firstly, I wanted to add my personal calendars to outlook app on my office laptop so that I can ensure I don’t have overbooking errors.
So let’s see how to do it:
- Login to your outlook.com email account (I have a @live.in account)
- Click on the Settings icon on the top right
- Find the View all Outlook Settings option in the bottom and click on it
- You will then see a pop up with additional settings options
- Click on the Calendar option on the right side of the pop up
- Then click on the Shared calendars option that appears next to the options shown in the above screenshot
- You will then see two options to the right side of the pop up – Share a calendar, and Publish a calendar. Today we will use the Publish option.
- The final pop up will look something like the below screenshot
- As you can see there are two formats the calendar
- HTML: To share the calendar as a link that anyone can use to view your calendar online.
- ICS: To add this calendar to applications such Outlook.
- Copy the ICS calendar link and save it
- Now open the desktop outlook application and go to the calendar section.
- Then click on the Open Calendar option in the toolbar
- You will see some options shown below
- Click on the From Internet option and paste the link you previously copied into the box
- Final step, click on OK and you will see your calendar added to the outlook app!